Floral Peplum + Brights

Happy Seahawks season opener game day, everyone!  As you can imagine, the city of Seattle is going nuts today (RVs were lining up around the stadium yesterday afternoon) and tailgating was already in full swing at 6:45am this morning when I came to work.  It's going to be a crazy day for sure, but it's great to see everyone so excited for our home team.  I did not style a Seahawks blue & green outfit today, but I am brightening things up with this floral peplum top and coordinating pieces.  Florals and brights were on trend this summer, and I'm seeing both trends continue on fall must-have lists.  I'm happy to see bright colors maintain popularity this fall, partly because of the bag in today's outfit.  If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen this beautiful yellow crocodile print Koret "Ori" satchel, a recent addition to my closet thanks to a very dear friend.  This bag is such a gorgeous statement piece, and I will be happily toting it this fall and beyond.  For today's cheerful work outfit, I paired this floral peplum top and yellow satchel with a cobalt blue pencil skirt, yellow ankle strap pumps, and simple gold jewelry.  I don't know about you, but wearing bright colors like these always puts me in a good mood!





Bag: Koret New York "Ori Satchel" in yellow crocodile, sold out online but Shopbop has pink available for $382.40 here, black available for $382.40 here, and black/tan available for $239 (50% off) here
Top: "Floral Peplum Top" in multi, $40.63 (on sale!) at Asos here 
Skirt: Banana Republic (old), similar "Sloan Pencil Skirt" in true blue, $79.50 at Banana Republic here 
Pumps: Luichiny "Lawrence Pump" in yellow (also available in coral), $39.94 at DSW here
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs "Henry" in gold, $250 at Nordstrom here
Rings: Forever 21 (old), check out the "Geo Cutout Ring Set, $5.80 at Forever 21 here and the "Abstract Angular Midi Ring Set" in gold/gold, $2.90 at Forever 21 here

Florals can be worn any time of the year, and there are plenty of gorgeous options this fall.  I'm still a huge fan of flattering peplum shapes.  Check out my picks for floral peplum tops at wallet-friendly prices in lovely fall hues:


Left: "Floral Peplum Top With Seam Detail in Scuba" in multi, $61.91 at Asos here
Middle: "Floral Peplum Top" in stormy grey (also available in petite!), $49.99 (on sale + additional 40% off for a limited time!) at Loft here
Right: "Floral Print Peplum Top" in green/red, $19.80 at Forever 21 here

If you're in the market for a bright bag at end-of-season prices, check out my picks under $100 below:

Left: Koret New York "Ori Flat Shoulder Bag" in yellow, $99 (50% off!) at Shopbop here
Middle: "Flap Crossbody" in fuschia (available in 3 other colors), $78 at Vera Bradley here
Right: Danielle Nicole "Cari Satchel Bag" in cobalt, $98 at Nieman Marcus here

 How would you style florals and bright colors this fall?  Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I hope you have a great rest of your week!  Go Hawks!

Linking up with Agi at Vodka Infused Lemonade, Tara at Mix & Match Fashion, and Lauren at Style Elixir!

Comments

Popular Posts