Style Remix: March On Army Vest

What a great week this has been so far!  Tuesday evening I was thrilled to be a part of the second meeting of the Onlineshoes.com "Passion Panel," a local Seattle company that is dedicated to customer service.  We had a great discussion about consumer behavior, saw some gorgeous new heels from the Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn line, and enjoyed BBQ out on the patio.  If you follow me on Instagram, you can see a photogrid of the event and get Onlineshoes' Instagram info too.

The recent sunshine and warm weather is such a blessing, and I am loving the fact that I don't have to wear a raincoat every day.  My go-to casual evening layer is this army vest that I purchased last summer from Conversation Pieces Boutique, still one of my favorite pieces in my closet.  Today's outfit features this army vest in a casual weekend number that I wore for running errands and grabbing dinner with my #1 guy.  I paired the vest with a matching crossbody bag, white 3/4 sleeve tee, boyfriend jeans, and yellow Toms for a pop of fun color.  I'm tempted to wear this outfit again for casual Friday at work tomorrow because it is just so comfortable!




Vest: Conversation Pieces (no longer available)
Crossbody Bag: Tarnish (old), check out the Raj "Jessica Suede Fringe Crossbody Bag" in olive, $66 (40% off!) at Last Call by Nieman Marcus here
Top: Banana Republic (no longer available), similar "Catalina Tee" in white, $39.50 at Banana Republic here
Denim: Joe's Jeans (old), similar Joe's Jeans "Destroyed Slim Crop Straight Leg Jeans" in sloan, $158 at Nordstrom here
 Shoes: Toms "Classic Canvas Slip-On," see current shade of yellow, $48 at Toms here
Watch: old, but I'm loving this Vince Camuto "Ceramic & Steel Pyramid Bracelet Watch, 38mm (Online Only)" in white/silver, $295 at Nordstrom here 
Rings/Bracelet: Baublebar (old), my current silver faves are the "Railroad Ring," $26 here, "Mondrian Ring Trio," $28 here, and "Nailing It Cuff," $34 here

There are still endless options for styling an army vest this season, one of my favorites being over a flirty dress like I wore last summer here.  Although my vest is no longer available, here are some great alternatives at a range of affordable prices (all under $90):


Left: Ambition "Military Vest" in spruce green, $68 at Nordstrom here
Middle: "Utility Army Vest" in green, $89 (final sale!) at Rachel Roy here
Right: "Military-Style Tencel Gilet" in khaki, $79.99 at Mango here

How would you style a military jacket this summer?  Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Linking up with the lovely Agi over at Vodka Infused Lemonade and Lauren at Style Elixir!

vodkainfusedlemonade.com
 
Style Elixir

Comments

Popular Posts