Cropped Sweater

Cropped sweaters are everywhere this winter, but it has taken me a while to adopt this popular trend.  One reason is that I feel like the cropped sweaters I have previously tried on are too baggy and wide to sit right on my frame, and the other is that it is way too cold even think about baring my midriff this time of year.  After doing some research, I found some cropped sweaters with the structure and proportions that I wanted, as well as some winter styling options.  I ended up purchasing this black "Cropped Mixed Stitch Crew Neck Sweater" from Express because of its cozy fitted shape and appealing sale price.  For today's look, I decided to go boho by pairing the cropped sweater with a printed maxi dress (last seen styled for summer here), knit hat, tights, boots, and a bright mini bag.  This combo keeps everything covered for the cold, as well as makes my legs look super long.  Win-win!

Sweater: "Cropped Mixed Stitch Crew Neck Sweater" in black, $29.94 (on sale!) at Express here
Maxi Dress: via New Orleans boutique, but I'm loving the print of this Element "Soho Sleeveless Maxi Dress" in multi, $47.99 (on sale!) at Zappos here
Hat: H&M (old), similar Deena & Ozzy "Super-Slouchy Beanie" in black, $24 at Urban Outfitters here
Boots: Vince Camuto "Hillari" bootie in black (available in 2 other colors), $99.90 (on sale!) at Nordstrom here
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff "Mini Mac" in turquoise, similar "Mini Mac" in electric blue, $195 at Rebecca Minkoff here
 Watch: Karl Lagerfeld "7 Beveled Bracelet Watch, 44mm" in black, $250 at Nordstrom here
Rings: "Silver Classic Cigar Band," $36 at Baublebar here, "Double Cone Ring" in silver, $24 at Baublebar here, and "Silver Ice Midi Ring Trio" in silver, $32 at Baublebar here







Cropped sweaters don't just look great with maxi dresses, either.  I think that another great idea is to throw one over a high-waisted skirt or a pair of high-waisted pants.  Check out my picks for cropped sweaters below (all are under $40!):

 Left: "Classic Cropped Sweater" in black, $24.80 at Forever 21 here
Middle: Kimchi Blue "Shaker Cropped Sweater" in ivory (4 other colors available), $29 (on sale!) at Urban Outfitters here
Right: "BP. Mock Neck Crop Cotton Pullover" in black (also available in black/white stripe here), $38 at Nordstrom here

How would you style a cropped sweater?  Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts