Fall Essential: Statement Coat

 Every fashionista needs a statement coat to stay stylishly warm during the winter.  I picked mine out on my recent work trip to Shanghai, China.  I love shopping in Shanghai because the cuts and sizing of clothing is much more suited to my shape and size!  I spotted this amazing mustard yellow wool coat in the front display of a store called "Only" in a huge mall right next to my hotel, and when the size medium fit perfectly I had to buy it for this year's statement coat.  Things I love about this coat besides the color are the asymmetrical zipper closure, the zippered pockets, and the fact that the sleeves are a soft wool boucle.  There are so many great details to this coat that help it stand out from the norm!  The weather has been chilly here in Seattle since I returned from China, so I've had the opportunity to wear this gorgeous coat already.  For today's outfit, I paired this bright statement coat with a striped skirt, peplum top, and flat boots in a simple black and white palette to keep the focus on the coat.

Coat: Only via Shanghai, China
Top: "Ponte Peplum Shirt" in black, $78 at J Crew here
Skirt: "Stripe It Lucky" skirt, $42.99 at Modcloth here
Belt: Another Line "Faux Leather Belt," available colors $28 at Nordstrom here
Boots: Corso Como (old), similar Corso Como "Stirrup" boot in black, $149.90 (on sale!) at Nordstrom here
Tights: Hue (old), similar "Everyday Opaque Tight" in black, $15 (or 2/$24) at Nordstrom here
Satchel: Charles and Keith via Cloud 9 Mall in Shanghai, China, but check out the Emperia "Snake Embossed Faux Leather Satchel" in black, $52 at Nordstrom here
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs "Henry" in gold, $250 at Piperlime here
Ring: Banana Republic (old), similar "Gold Cinque Ring," $26 at Baublebar here







There are a wealth of options when it comes to statement coats, but I prefer bright, bold colors and sturdy wool fabric.  Check out my picks for statement coats below:


Left: French Connection "Leather Trim Asymmetrical Cutaway Coat" in formula red (also available in black), $325 at Nordstrom here
Middle: "Cobalt Wool Coat" in royal blue, $225 at Banana Republic here 
Right: Kenneth Cole "Wool-Blend Belted Asymmetrical Trench" in deep plum (available in three other colors), $179.99 (on sale!) at Macys here


Linking up with the lovely Agi over at Vodka Infused Lemonade for her Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday series and the lovely Tara over at Mix & Match Fashion for her What I Wore to Work series!

vodkainfusedlemonade.com
 
MIX MATCH
 

What is your favorite statement coat this winter?  Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Comments

Popular Posts