Military-Inspired

The popularity of the military-inspired trend doesn't seem to be fading anytime soon, and modern military jackets with feminine details are a spring wardrobe essential.  I actually purchased this ruffled collar military-inspired jacket several years ago at Nordstrom, and it quickly became one of my go-to pieces.  I hope this trend sticks around - I love the fact that a military-inspired jacket can be dressed up or down, and the neutral color goes with just about anything!  For today's outfit, I kept a feminine vibe by pairing this jacket with a silk blouse, faux leather pencil skirt, military-inspired heels, and a crossbody bag (carried as a clutch) for a neutral work outfit with a bit of edge.





Jacket: Rubbish via Nordstrom (old)
Blouse: Equipment "Signature Blouse" in nature white, $208 at Revolve Clothing here
Skirt: "Faux-Leather High-Waist Pencil Skirt" in khaki, $69.90 at the Limited here
Sandals: Dolce Vita (old), similar Ash "High-Heeled Sandals" in military green, $125 at Yoox here
Bag: Tarnish (old), similar Frye "Cameron Clutch Crossbody" in moss antique pull up, $154.99 (on sale!) at 6pm here
Necklace: "Silver Chain Collar," $42 at Baublebar here

   There are many military-inspired jackets to choose from this spring with a variety of feminine shapes and details such as embroidery, leather, sequins, and spikes.  Check out my save and splurge picks for military-inspired jackets below:


Left: Save on the "Faux Leather Spiked Camo Jacket" (love the spikes + leather sleeves!) in olive/black, $47.80 at Forever 21 here
Middle: Save on the Bar III "Collared Drawstring Tie Utility Pocket Front Zip Jacket" in dusty olive, $69 (25% off through with 4/29 with code "FRIEND") at Macys here
Right: Save on the Caslon "Flap Pocket Anorak" in washed olive grove, $88 at Nordstrom here


Left: Splurge on the Free People "Festival Embroidered Tie Dye Anorak" in army combo, $248 at Nordstrom here
Middle: Splurge on the Maison Scotch "Lightweight Army Jacket" in embroidered body, $285 at Shopbop here
Right: Splurge on the ONE by Faubourg du Temple "Twill Jacket with Sequin Sleeves" (loving the sequins!!) in beige/gold, $143 at Shopbop here 

What is your favorite military-inspired style?  Thanks so much for reading and happy hump day!

Comments

  1. I love those heels!!!

    Joanna

    CoastalCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you paired the military jacket with those heels and skirt and top. Great way to dress down an outfit and make it more of an every day look. Love it!!! Very pretty.

    Don't forget to link up tomorrow and to enter my Stella & Dot giveaway.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Agi! I totally entered your giveaway and am crossing fingers that I win. ;)

      Delete
  3. Love how you styled the military jacket with the feminine dress - you look great! x, Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kat! I love your outfit today too!

      Delete
  4. I really like your mix of feminine and masculine here. I've never seen a military jacket with details like this, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Inge! I was really lucky to stumble across this jacket, and I will keep my eyes out for any others that have the same ruffled collar.

      Delete
  5. Awesome, you are a great inspiration! =)

    Greetings
    HOLYKATTA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen a sequin-sleeved army jacket yet! That's a clever twist on the classic piece. I love my army/military jacket as well. It seems to go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this jacket on you and I love that you wore it with a skirt. So cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like the military look always stys in style andis a classc. I rmember it in the 80s! (I was very young!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I love these pieces that cycle through over and over again because everyone loves them so much! =)

      Delete
  9. Your hair looks amazing! Gorgeous outfit too!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kacie! You are so sweet. =)

      Delete
  10. lovely outfit!
    i really love military like jackets
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! I love them too and am glad you liked my post! =)

      Delete
  11. The military look is one of those trends which seems to come around every winter often without fail, so you generally cant go wrong with one of those jackets. The one you purchased looks like a keeper, I love the rfuffle detail x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Jamie-Lee! I think everyone needs one of these jackets in their closet. =)

      Delete
  12. Well hello prettyness;-)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe!! I think they are pretty awesome too! =)

      Delete
  14. Girl, you look gorgeous here! So vixen-like! I adore your hair this way, and love the way it pairs with the ruffled detail on the jacket. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. Love that jacket! x Now following you on Bloglovin x
    Charlotte.
    www.winstonandwillow.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really should get a pedi before posting with open toe shoes .... sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey love following you back on gfc and bloglovin :)
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great jacket :)!!

    -Visit My blog urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this look! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and FB?

    Regards from NYC
    www.thesecretstop.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts